STATE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook is still the leading platform for marketers (96 percent of businesses use Facebook)
- Facebook organic reach continues to decline (only 21 percent of respondents haven’t noticed a decline in the past 12 months)
- Video has been booming across social channels for the past couple of years and 85 percent of businesses are keen to create more video in 2018
- Facebook is the most popular platform for paid ads
- Images are the most shared type of content
- For those who have created live video, Facebook was the number one platform of choice
- Over 200 million people use Instagram Stories each month, which is over 50 million more than those who use Snapchat
- Over 90 percent of marketers who employ an influencer marketing strategy believe it is successful. Companies like North Face, Hubspot and Rolex use social media–based influencer marketing strategies to connect with new audiences and improve engagement with existing audiences.
- Over 2.5 billion people use messaging platforms like Messenger, WhatsApp and Kik globally
- Twitter has failed to grow followers significantly in 2017. In fact, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram all have more social media followers.